Sunday, October 4, 2009

Daddy's Weekend Away

With Daddy away, I went on a Marshalls shopping spree. In addition to some new shirts and pants, I also bought a new pair of shoes. I left the shoes by the front door. Later in the day, I heard a loud clunking noise. When I turned around, Ava had put them on and was walking around. When it comes to waking in heels I guess she is a natural... Just like Mimi!

Since it was just the two of us, I told Ava that she could pick what she wanted for dinner. Friday night she decided on pizza with broccoli, mushrooms and steak. We went to Trader Joes and bought some dough. Ava helped put the toppings on including the cheese which mostly disappeared into her mouth. She was quite proud of herself and I was really proud of her too. Saturday night she choose edamame, chicken and "bug" noodles.

Ava also decided that she wanted to get out the Halloween supplies. They were in Rich's garage so we had to go dig them out. Of course, they were right in the middle of the pile so I had to move several heavy boxes. Ava even tried to help me lift them. We found lights, pumpkins, window clings, a stuffed ghost and other decorations. She decorated the whole house. Afterwards, I carved a Tigger pumpkin. It took me over an hour, but she patiently waited. Hopefully it will make it to Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment